Tuesday, June 26, 2007

happiness........................ what the?

Happiness is where you find it, you can find it in gardening as I do or in a nice view of the beach or company of your soul mate (husband). Happiness is every where you wish to find it. Today our "Gail" came at 12-4 shift, (thank God) Ron and I went and took a drive and ate lunch (fish sandwiches)then we sat at one of the parks next to the river and just talked. I am calmer when we have help in the house with my husband because I'm not being the caregiver to anyone except us. Even yesterday's trip to the doctor for Ron was ok because I didn't have to think. When we go out and eat we toast to our "Gail" because she really is worth it to us. Just knowing things are taken care of and you can be away for a few hours without thinking is very nice.
What is happiness to me? Just off the top of my head...............
spending a few minutes cuddling with my husband
watching my son blow out his 20th birthday candles and getting a hug from him
seeing my daughter turn into a young lady, raising a daughter alone and watching her mom fight to make things right for her (me and her both)
teaching my children right from wrong even though they are 20 and 23 and my step son Blake giving him lectures about life with his dad and hoping they all listen to a portion of what we say
Giving my mom a hug for some stupid thing we laugh at together
petting my dog daisy
fighting with my dad, even though he has this mental disease that sucks royally not knowing what will happen next or what he will say to anyone and still loving him unconditionally and not really knowing why sometimes
I guess all the things that I find truthfully frustrating on a daily basis I find happiness in them and I don't have a clue why..............

No comments: