Wednesday, June 20, 2007

arisept

Last night my dad and I played cards for about 35 minutes, what is unusual is that he was actually able to play and deal and make sense of what he was doing. If you would have tried a few weeks ago, you would have had a fight on your hands. Yesterday didn't start out so good we ate, went down for a nap and then I heard my mom yelling at him to be quiet around 11ish. I went to his room to find him in the doorway with his walker, upset as all hell because he couldn't make it to the bathroom. Well since he made it up half a flight of stairs the night before, and made it out of bed without my assistance, I figured I would give it a go to see if he could make it into the bathtub. Now you have to understand he hasn't had an actual bath in over 6 months and for him to maneuver himself to get into the tub is quite an achievement. He even got his hair washed too! After assisting him with dressing, we took a drive to the attorney's office which is next to my old job. I called the attorneys office and had them meet me in the parking lot and I also called my old buddy Renee to give her a hug and another buddy Ericka was there too! I had them send apologies to the others for not being able to come in, I probably looked like crap because I spent the night before sleeping next to dads bed. Dad remembered Renee and told her he would flirt with her but he had an illness. We ate lunch on the way home because he was famished and then he took his nap. When he woke up I had him walk all the way from his room to the living room to sit with mom. After eating he was a little anxious, but he managed to slip by mom again with his walker up the tile step, down the tile step and all the way to his room on his commode which was where I found him. I kinda go a little mad with mom because she thought I was with him and wasn't. Oh well, at least he didn't hurt himself. I dreamed all night long I would find him on the stairs again or outside or in the kitchen cooking or burning something so at 5 I checked on him and he was sawing wood.
I bet he worried like that when I was young.............

No comments: