Saturday, June 23, 2007

finding "me" & "us" time

Took dad to lab this past Wednesday the 20th, ahead of that he walked all morning took a nap and woke up telling me to get the "girls" at the lab chocolate! That is something wild because for the past 6 months he hasn't given 2 hoots about getting them something. So we left for the lab around 12, stopped at Walgreens got the chocolate and this guy walked into the lab with his walker and out to and from the car! He hasn't done that in almost a year!

Thursday I called to find out if he needed his procrit shot. I assumed he would need one since he didn't get one on 5/30/07 so now we are prob. about a month out on his shot and pretty confident he will need one since his lab for the end of May was 11.4. I called at 9:00am, Linda answers the phone and says she will c/b to my surprise his blood count is now a 12.6! 13 is excellent for a man his age or younger, I am shocked and now realizing that his body is definitely doing something!

This is now Saturday, it has been a long week I am tired and trying to find time alone and alone with my husband. This guy my dad is taking a lot but giving me hope at the same time. The human will is impossible to defeat if you will positively. Once again, I thank God for everything in my life.

One last thing, we were getting ready to pick up lunch today and I placed his shoes next to his wheelchair to put on for him a few minutes later. I walk away for a few minutes and this guy starts to put his shoes on by himself! He hasn't done this in over a year!

No comments: