Monday, June 18, 2007

crazier things have happened!

I woke up this morning with the sounds of help and my name being called, I ran down the stairs to find my dad on the floor. Again, I get Ron to help get him up (sometimes it's Josh) and clean him up and the day begins. This day was a little different, dad tells me that he went to mom's room to check on her at 4:00 in the morning because we were getting invaded by Afghanistan and those guys are tough, they could cut your throat! So he goes to my mom's room and yeah dad I believe you, sure! Mom happens to be up a little while after, so I ask her how she slept and she asks, "Did he tell you he came into my room at 4:00 am?" I said uh yeah, then she tells me how he turns on the light scares her half to death and then walks over to her bed and sits at the end! She made him go back to his room (he is naked, hah) and he requires a little push getting up, she walks him back to his room even though he doesn't think he can make it. She even helped put his pants on (minus the depends)all I can say is wow, because this guy can walk past 6 feet without complaining the whole way!

The following day the same, help and my name being called, except this time his arm is wedged between the bed and the rails that keep him from falling out! Again, I call Ron as he pushes the mattress (which I didn't think of) and safely get's his arm out. I attempt to have him hold ice on it which is harder than I thought, 2 cut's out of that one. Poor thing, boy was he mad!

No comments: