Friday, April 10, 2009

I am the luckiest girl

I am the luckiest girl in the world. Well yesterday both my parents woke up, both of them in their 80's dad turned 84 yesterday to be exact. Mom got to say happy birthday and fight with him over the newspaper and tell him he was acting like a true --------- and said even on his birthday. They got to fight, they got to wake up another day, what a blessing this must be for them each day. I had this thought as I walked up the stairs and laughed after my mom told on my dad. So we are meeting my daughter Amber, her boyfriend AJ and my grand daughter Angelina at Olive Garden whenever mom is ready. Josh is practicing with his band in S. Florida and Ron is taking Blake to tutoring. Walking past the stairs to the living room dad says as he moves his walker down the step, " Cara, I don't know about this, I got a feeling somethings gonna happen today!" I told him to not jinx us and it's his birthday and we are gonna have a good time and I danced or at least did something that resembled it. Drove to Olive Garden, got dad out of the car in his wheelchair, had mom wait till Amber and crew got there to all walk in together. Mom got out and fell flat on her face, upset bystanders 2 women, my daughter, everyone who was out either stopped and tried to help. AJ and Amber got mom into the car-after having fire department look her over, I drove her to the hospital due to the golf sized knot on her forehead that we were trying to control with ice and swollen knee- all ok just lot's of arthritis on the knee. In the meantime Amber and AJ take dad inside Olive Garden and eat while I take mom to the ER to get checked out. I made sure to explain to Amber she did the right thing by having dad eat on his birthday even though she wanted to be with us. She really showed her heart and future high BP, but she called 911 and gave her all and handled it well for a 25 year old. I am proud. So my husband gets the run down leaving PC and heads to the hospital always assuring me it's no big deal. He has this ability to make me think this and it works very well. Just as I'm bringing mom out he is speaking with AJ and Angelina and my mind is more at ease. I can't figure out how to get everyone home he takes charge and he takes dad, I take mom. We get home he gets dad in bed makes his bed empties his bucket and cleans the kitchen and does the dishes after we eat. Aside from my husband being the most helpful person on earth, he makes me feel like the most beautiful, want to be better and I am because of him. Not many wives can say that. Hopefully I can give him back what he has given me and if not I hope that God sees what a good person he truly is. I don't know many husbands who would give up their sanity to live with their wives elderly parents and put up with it as well as he does. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world.

Now if he could be enticed to stick around for a can of tuna that would be easy.................................................................jk.

No comments: