Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The game of Life

Have you ever wondered what would life be if we knew then what we know now? Would we go to the beach, get in our cars, eat sushi, didn't sit and waste time playing a stupid game? Life is full of consiquences, sometimes you know, sometimes not. Mom get's to retire with dad in Florida, helps him get better goes to the beach, gets skin cancer? But what if she knew what would or could happen? Who knows? I think she loved the beach as much as I do now maybe more? She got to go through the Panama Canal and see that magnificient creation even though you could fry an egg on the deck of the ship and dad slept right through it. What if I had moved a long time ago and never been here to see my mom through this? My husband asks, what if they were still living alone?

My mom came through this with high flying colors, even though she a month after her removal of her melanoma had to have something taking off her face also.

What gives some people that strength to go on to make it while some others wait to give up or worse don't appreciate what they have.

No comments: