Monday, July 7, 2014

advocate & keeping eyes wide open


Ok so Becky has been transferred to a physical rehab /nursing home facility to get stronger so she doesn't hurt herself at home.  She spent a week in a half in the hospital and will do 20 days in rehab, what a coinsidence it is that medicaid pays for like 30 days a period for nursing/hospital visits.  NOT! They say at the facility that maybe she can go home in 1-2 weeks, I would bet a thousand bucks she stays the full 20 days.  All about money.  Anyway upon her arrival she's carted around like a piece of crap and gets a room, we hang out, the remote doesn't work, they finally bring her dinner and she looks at it with an ugh.  Most likely won't eat it, thank God her dad was there to see this so he can be prepared  for other meals.  Yesterday, her dad brought her breakfast and dinner.  I asked the nurse if she had any falls and ofcourse with such convincing tone "NO FALLS!" bahahaha, I later ask Becky about it and yes she fell and hurt her knee~later I'll take a picture.  Later today after bringing dad to the senior center and me with an appointment, we will bring a wheelchair and request a bed alarm and fall matt because  we didn't see anything on Saturday.  FACILITIES ALL SUCK, cna's I'm sorry have it the worst.  Bringing breakfast in yesterday the cna put it on her tray,  she looked at it and said ,"I'm not eating that." and the cna just looked at her.  Becky sounded less drugged or loopy yesterday, knew who I was.

No comments: