Friday, February 20, 2009

every day and every day and never again this moment.......



Some days you look at a picture and a feeling gets frozen in that shot and it really touches your heart. Yes I'm sure it's attachment which we seem to be driven for the most part in our daily lives, but it's the innocence that is so striking that gets to me most. Children have it, sometimes adults get it when you catch them off guard. Everything is new to a child, their eyes are wide open to everything and everything. Adults have a tendency to look at things more one sided and a bit bias. I think one of the things I cherish most about meditation is that when you do it for a little while you notice that you are more able to see a little more and from different angles. Can we grasp that innocence have we lived to much or thought too much to be able to do so? Can we forgive ourselves enough to do so? In meditation or menditation I like to call it, you have to learn to forgive yourself first, end your own suffering first, a bunch of firsts and new beginnings. I am blessed to have stumbled upon Buddhism for these reasons a lot in part because I am learning how to deal with lots of things differently and most of all the happiness that is everywhere.

No comments: