Sunday, September 9, 2007

Saying Goodbye to my friend Paul

My friend Sharon's husband of 40 years passed away last Sunday,he was 58. I was recently reading an article of how a buddist dealt with the loss of his wife and it so happened that my husband and I had this conversation the night before he passed. My husband has taught me that each person grieves in their own way. The man in the article spoke of "bearing wittness" to the loved one who passes, by getting your feelings way out there. My husband attempted to suppress his emotions but they came to surface with avengence (much). I don't have words for Sharon, but here goes it to Paul: You brought us food at my job and didn't want a penny for yourself, you just said, "Give it to Sharon". Eventhough you were a flirt you were still a genuine nice guy. Knowing you didn't have much, you still gave to all of us just so that you could eat lunch with your favorite woman. How neat is that. This is something that us younger couples have no clue about. Trying to get me to eat Checkers eventhough I was watching my cholesteral and KFC. Sharon's favorite. You will be missed very much by those who knew you and most of all by your partner, who I know loves you very much. Love Cara

you never know...................

No comments: