Monday, July 30, 2007

Taking things for granted

My dad has been quite the handfull lately, but I can assure you that I have been attempting to enjoy every minute of it. He being 82 I know he could pass at any time for any unknown reason. The funny thing is that when I tend to put this perspective on this, I don't get bothered by his name calling or behaviors. I also know he will eventually revert to his previous health somewhat in that direction even though I wish he didn't. The one thing I keep repeating is that the only thing constant is change. I used to get frusterated with the why me, but now I feel very priviliged to be a part of this whole process. I sometimes get sad wondering what or when things will happen or change but then I notice a spunkiness about him like him taking his walker and slamming it against a chair or wall or door. I swear he is such a fighter and sometimes I think he just pushes himself. Today he said boy now I can see why your husband said he needed someone else to look after you because your a handfull! Whatever works, it's like a game try everything and see what works!

No comments: